The Jeep Wrangler is definitely not for everyone. It largely depends on your personality (and your sense of adventure) as to whether or not you should be the owner of one.
For example, a sports car enthusiast will not like the Wrangler. Those who prefer the luxury of a smooth ride or leather seats will be highly disappointed.
In sum, those who view driving simply as a means of getting from one place to the next should look elsewhere, because the Wrangler is for those who seek adventure, those who have an interest in taking their vehicle places they've never gone before, and those who enjoy driving for no reason other than to be out in the great outdoors.
Some think of a Wrangler basically as a crude form of SUV. But the Wrangler is more about attitude and less about practicality than most other SUVs on the market. In fact, Jeep put "utility" in the sport-utility vehicle and called it a Wrangler. With removable doors, a fold-down windshield, removable top, replacement half-doors, holes in the floorboards for hosing out the interior when it's dirty - now that's utility!
What you need to know is that a Jeep Wrangler is a lifestyle changer:
- You will want to drive places you've never been before (off-road, for example!)
- You will long for days when you can take the top and doors off and feel the wind through your hair .
- You will crave the attention you receive from other drivers - those in Jeeps, and those just envying yours.
- You will keep your eye out for yet another add-on that will make your Jeep uniquely yours.
- You will have a new fraternity of friends - those you'll meet around town who own a Wrangler, and those you'll meet at Jeep events across the U.S., Jeep message boards, chat rooms, and listservs.
- You will be inclined to become a do-it-yourself mechanic, as repairs are quite simple.
- You will enjoy driving during all weather conditions and in all four seasons.
In sum, a Jeep Wrangler gives you the ability to express yourself, and allows you the freedom to drive anywhere you want to drive. It's the ultimate "go anywhere, do anything" vehicle! Buying a Jeep also admits you into an extremely active and public fraternity. Whether you're young in age or young at heart, it's the youthful sense of adventure that make a Wrangler a great vehicle to own. And to top it all off, Wranglers hold their value quite well, so you'll get excellent resell value when you're ready to sell.
Classic design / unique look
Can be fully customized to your liking - lots of options & aftermarket items
Unique styling serves as both an SUV and a convertible
4x4 capabilities - can handle any road anywhere
Height advantage over most cars - great visibility
Good heating system
A simply constructed vehicle that's easy to repair
Short wheelbase, powerful drivetrain, body size & tight turning ratios all great for off-roading
Small size & light weight, make it a cinch to swing into tight spots
Great vehicle for all seasons
Jeep fraternity of friends for life
Rugged and durable - lasts for many years & many miles
Handles well on pavement, mud, sand, snow, water, etc.
Appeals to adults & teens alike
Durable interior made for weathering the elements
Fun to drive - turns every drive into an adventure
Relatively low price / good value
Excellent resale value
Parts are plentiful and cheap for repairs